What’s the name of the restaurant?
The names of catering establishments in any case is quite difficult to classify, but in the case of restaurants it is much more difficult. Unlike signs on small spots for a quick snack, the restaurant name rarely displays its concept or is associated with a specialty.
And yet common names can be divided into several main subgroups, from which the owner can choose your favorite. And even better, if the restaurateur will come up with its own, unique and unusual name that will entice people to the institution.
A good name of the restaurant should not only sound beautiful, but also cause an appetite – because people come to such places just to eat. Taking into account the fact that new catering outlets have been regularly opened recently, it is not an easy task to come up with an original name. However, there are basic principles of naming (development of names), adhering to which, you can come up with an attractive and unusual inscription for a sign.
Here is a brief guide that will help the restaurateur to give a decent name to his institution.
1. To choose a good restaurant name, it is important to take into account four main qualities – it should be easy to remember, be original, reflect the essence of the institution, and associate people with something positive.
2. Anyway, any name of the institution can be considered original, but it all depends on its concept and target audience. For example, a restaurant called “Vanilla” will appreciate young people with average incomes, but the inscription “Pokrovsky gate” will be more interested in middle-aged and elderly people. The main thing – that the name was evident and easy to remember.
It should in no case be similar to the names of the establishments located in the neighborhood, otherwise visitors may be confused. Also, do not choose long, unpronounceable words and expressions for signs – this name will be very easy to forget.
3. A good idea is to choose a name related to the main dishes of the restaurant. It does not necessarily have to be a specific name of the dish or product, it is enough to at least hint to visitors what cuisine the institution works with. So, if the restaurant will be the main proposals pizza, pasta, and salads – you can choose a name associated with Italy.
At first glance it may seem that now literally every city is a huge number of institutions with Italian names. However, despite this, such an inscription on the sign will still be successful. It provides potential customers with information about the cuisine of this institution, which means that no connoisseur of Italian dishes will not pass by.
4. The main reasons why the client goes to the restaurant is the desire to have a delicious dinner, spend time in good company, get quality and friendly service, as well as enjoy the beautiful atmosphere. A great advantage of the institution can be pleasant music (especially live), as well as the presence of a collection of interesting books. All this will attract a large number of new customers if one of the aspects will affect the sign of the institution.
But in this case, the name must necessarily correspond to reality, otherwise dissatisfied visitors will not want to return to the restaurant. For example, if the name is somehow connected with books, it will be quite strange when there are no books inside the institution.
5. In General, the scheme of developing the name for the restaurant is similar to the choice of names for any other institutions or organizations. The first and perhaps the most important step is to study the target audience. That is, first you need to determine which contingent will attend the institution, and take into account its preferences and needs. The right choice of name depends on the age and level of income of potential customers, as different groups of people will have completely different tastes.
After this step, it is necessary to study the institutions of competitors, and compare the success of the restaurants with the names. Finally, don’t focus on one word or expression. It is better to choose about ten best names, and then by elimination to leave the best of them.